GPT for Excel is an AI writer for Microsoft Excel. It enables you to use ChatGPT directly in Excel. It is built on top of OpenAI ChatGPT API. If ChatGPT was GPT for Chat, you can think of GPT for Excel as ExcelGPT.
GPT for Excel is extremely powerful at:
|Working with text||Writing text|
Discover GPT functions
The add-in offers GPT functions for different use-cases. You can discover them by typing
=GPT_ in a cell.
GPT_HLIST are particularly well suited to Microsoft Excel.
Why use GPT for Excel instead of ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a chatbot interface, which is great to learn and play with GPT. But you probably do most of your work in real document editors like Microsoft Excel because your data is already in Microsoft Excel.
Using GPT for Excel will save you a lot of time by allowing you to:
- Get many variations quickly
- Apply prompts to Excel tabular data and get results as tables
- Structure your prompts in Microsoft Excel
- Save answers in Excel for easier retrieval
- Avoid constant copy/pasting in ChatGPT
- Benefit from all the Microsoft Excel features, including real-time collaboration